Sunday, February 28, 2010

Michael Jackson Captain EO Collectibles Surge

Michael Jackson Collectors are seeking classic Disney EO memorabilia from the Michael Jackson short film "Captain EO" (in 3-D) that Disneyland showed from 1987-1994. The attraction was always very popular but was closed after 4 years of child molestation charges and media gossip hype.

The film is being shown in the Tomorrowland Theater and Disney says it will offer the show as long as it remains popular. I would imagine it will be a huge success this summer and beyond, particularly around the anniversary of MJ's death and his birthday not far after that.

Captain EO Film Clip

The Captain EO memorabilia from 87-94 has always been of interest to collectors and hobbyists alike and with the reopening of the show the sales of these pieces has skyrocketed! Items such as "Hooter the Elephant" pins, "Fuzzball" plush toys (Michael Jackson's companion during the film), Sweatshirts, T-Shirts and other original items purchased at Disneyland from this attraction. There is already a new souvenir button and shirt design available for purchase to visitors of the Disneyland show and collectors and fans are already scrambling for these!

Captain EO Logo at Disneyland


The Captain EO DVD is available for purchase but lets face it, there's nothing like watching this 3-D mini movie at the Disney theatre with the incredible sound and screen! I think Disneyland's Captain EO attraction is going to be showing for a good while. I've never seen it. Have you?

5 comments:

  1. hi there yes i have my hubby and i won a trip to the world cup in 1994 [we are from australia] wow it was fantastic and when we were there part of the prize was we got to go to disneyland and we went to see Captain EO 3D o my god it was incredible ,it was on par with the soccer i think michael was better any way if you get there and they reopen it witch they should HE NEVER HURT ANYONE its a must see 4 sure its the best ,all the best MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cool! Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like quite a thrilling experience and I'm hoping to see it this summer. Anyone else seen Captain EO at Disneyland recently and how was it in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ray,
    I just came across your blog by accident, and as a MJ fan I was instantly intrigued :D
    When I was 13 (in 1989), I went to the USA with my parents, and I watched Captain EO at Disneyland. It was the first 3D movie I had ever seen, and I was completely fascinated how realistic those effects were. Everybody in the audience reached up in the air, wondering how something so realistic can be an illusion.
    Have you seen it yet?
    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anke, nice of you to stop by! That must have been very exciting to see the Capt. EO back in 1989. Cutting edge high tech stuff for the time! No, I've never seen it but hope to catch it one day. I'm not sure if it's still running or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I worked on Capt. E.O. as an extra. I still have the badge that we were all suppose to return, but not only did I keep the badge I walked to Michaels trailer and asked for an autograph, he did. I've always wanted to hold on to it for keeps sake, but I wonder how much it's worth? I'd hate to get rid of it, but I can sure use the cash right now. Haven't worked in a long while.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Michael Jackson Posters

Followers